Header

Header

Saturday, June 22, 2013

No flooding in Edmonton!

Hi! You might have heard about a flooding disaster in Alberta on the news? 
Just thought I'd let you know that I am safe. The flooding is far away from me, it is about 300km south from where I am. It is very severe in Canmore and Calgary though, the video's and pictures I've seen are awful. Some of our tours start in Calgary, one tour was even in Banff stuck for another day in the rain. 
We are actually supposed to do a course in Banff coming Monday, but as Banff is not accessible at this moment because the highway has been washed away, it will probably be postponed.
The good news: I passed my road test yesterday for my Class 4 drivers license, in the pocket! That means the course in Banff is the last thing that I have to do to be able to be a guide in the Rocky Mountains. It'll take a few more days until we know when and where the course will be. Just got to be patient...

In the mean time we visited Fort Edmonton with some of the guides, to learn more about Canadian history and the fur trade. It showed how life was in 1846 during the fur trade, and the pioneer years of 1885, 1905 and the 1920's. Fun!

Part of the old railway

Fur of a Timberwolf

Inside Fort Edmonton

Storage of the good stuff

A very important place during the 1920's

As I had managed to get all the things (first aid course, bank account, etc.) done quite quickly last week and I only needed to wait for the road test on Friday I went to Clearwater for a few days to visit some friends! I had the opportunity to help them out (one of them broke her wrist) in the Well's Gray Park and it was a great place to study some more. (No mosquitos!)

With Marilou in her convertible

My favorite way of studying

The convertible's bonus feature: free big smiles anytime!

Kamloops, I love a good view during lunch or dinner

Rice Krispies squares. Sweet, filling and sticky

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are doing well.

    Bena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gratuliere zum Führerschein! Es geht dir gut, so zu sehen. Schön!
    HDL,
    Marjan

    ReplyDelete