Header

Header

Monday, October 13, 2014

#48

And then, my last bear that I see this summer, #48.
While driving in the dark to our campground, I thought I saw something on the road and decided to turn around to see what it was.
It was a dead bear.
Or so I thought...
It stirred.
(I still get Goosebumps just thinking about it...)

Nothing much we could do and not wanting to see it gasping for breath, I turned around and drove on with a queasy feeling in my gut that I should have done at least something! But tired from driving all day and overwhelmed by seeing the dying bear, we didn't do anything but cheer on him with some fireball whiskey at the campground.
RIP little bear!
Not until later did we figure we should have called the RCMP probably to go there and take him out of his misery.
And then, when I was feeling sorry for myself and complaining about the fact that my last bear that I see on this adventure is a dying bear, my friend admits that it was his first bear sighting ever. That made me shut up...


No comments:

Post a Comment